Privacy can be confusing but it matters, so through this page we’ll do our best to explain our approach to privacy on BusinessMediaSolutions.co.uk and how it affects you.
- We collect anonymous statistics about your visit, like which of our pages you viewed.
- Some 3rd parties like Facebook and Twitter may know you visited this website, if you use their services. We can’t control them but we don’t believe this knowledge poses any threat to you.
- If you sign up with us we take great care to keep your information safe and we’ll never share it with others without your express permission.
- We never share your data with 3rd parties except to help us deliver our own services.
These are the key points. If you want more detail, see below.
The information we collect from analytics helps us understand what parts of our sites are doing well, how people arrive at our site and so on. Like most websites, we use this information to make our website better.
To do so we embed code that they provide and we do not control ourselves. To function their buttons generally know if you are logged in; for example Facebook use this to say “x of your friends like this”. We do not have any access to that information, nor can we control how those networks use it.
Social networks therefore could know that you are viewing this website, if you use their services (that isn’t to say they do, but their policies may change). As our website is remarkably inoffensive we imagine this is not a concern for most users.
We also log account and transaction history for accounting purposes, and to monitor our business activities.
We will never provide your personal information or email address to any third parties except where they are specifically employed to help deliver our own services, as detailed above.
- Use of SSL encryption for sensitive data
- Hardware stored in secured data centers behind firewalls
- All access to information restricted by password and/or secure key
- Restrictions to what information can be accessed via any location
Whilst we take great care to ensure any confidential information remains protected we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
Of course you are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. Nobody at Business Media Solutions will ever ask you for your password, so please don’t trust anybody asking you for it.
Updates to this policy